Bordered by the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Allegheny Mountains, Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley is a natural paradise that features picture-perfect views in all directions.
We are a natural hub of outdoor recreation, offering hundreds of miles of trails and roads to hike, bike, or ski.
No matter your skill level, we’ve got a wide mix of hiking, canoeing, cycling, rafting, fresh water fishing, horseback riding, skiing, golfing, mountain biking, and so much more.
Our visitors tell us these are some of their favorite things to do in our area:
- Visiting craft breweries (natch!)
- Exploring our beautiful downtowns
- Seeing geologic wonders, like Natural Bridge and all the Shenandoah Valley caverns.
- Paddling excursions – several whitewater outfitters offer a variety of guided trips and rentals.
- Riding the crest of the mountains along Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Hiking in the backcountry of our national parks and forests
- Experiencing music festivals
- Tasting local goodness at weekend farmer’s markets, roadside farm stands, and “pick your own” fields
- Unwinding at vineyards
- Learning more about American history at our museums and historic sites
- Backroad cycling and mountain biking